THE THREE STEPS TO SALVATION
- THE FIRST THING YOU MUST KNOW IN ORDER TO BE SAVED IS:
- Man's relationship to God.
- God is righteous--"...God is light (righteous), and in Him is no darkness (sin) at all" (I John 1:5).
- And nothing is allowed in Heaven which is not righteous. "And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life" (Revelation 21:27).
- But man is not righteous. "As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"
(Romans 3:10, 23).
- That leaves us out of Heaven.
WILL YOU ADMIT TO GOD THAT YOU ARE A SINNER?
- And being a sinner.
- Man's eyes are closed to spiritual truths and must be opened.
- Man is in 'darkness' (sin) from which he must be turned to 'light' (righteousness).
- And man is under the power of the devil from which he must be turned to God. "To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in Me" (Acts 26:18).
- Man (a sinner) is going to die physically.
"For the wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23a).
- Man is going to face God in Judgment.
"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment" (Hebrews 9:27).
- And the verdict is certain: "And whosoever was not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the Lake of Fire" (Revelation 20:15).
- We would all end up here if left to ourselves, BUT WE ARE NOT!
THE SECOND THING YOU MUST KNOW IN ORDER TO BE SAVED IS: CHRIST PAID FOR YOUR SINS.
"For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures" (I Corinthians 15:3, 4)
- God says Christ died for your sin!
WILL YOU BELIEVE THAT HE DID?
- God says Christ arose from the dead bodily!
WILL YOU BELIEVE THAT HE DID?
THE THIRD THING YOU MUST KNOW IN ORDER TO BE SAVED IS:
HOW TO MAKE SALVATION YOURS.
- God says you cannot earn salvation
- But if you want, He will enable you to believe.
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast" (Ephesians 2:8, 9).
- And, God says, now that you have read the truth,
- If you will admit that you are a sinner--and--
- If you will believe that Christ died for your sin--and--
- If you will believe that Christ arose bodily from the dead--and--
- Will ask Christ to save you,
HE WILL SAVE YOU
"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" (Romans 10:13, 14).
- Then--and only then--God will give you His righteousness!
- And you can spend eternity with Him in heaven.
"For He hath made Him to be sin for us, (Him) who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him" (II Corinthians 5:21).
Back to Index Page