Taegeuk 7 Jang symbolizes the "Kan", one of the 8 divination signs, which represents the mountain, meaning ponder and firmness. New movements are sonnal-arae-makkki, batangson-kodureo-makki, bo-jumeok-kawi-makki, mureup-chigi, momtong-hecho-makki, jechin-du-jumeok-momtong-jireugi, otkoreo-arae-makki, pyojeok-chigi, yop-jireugi and such stances as beom-seogi and juchum-seogi. Smooth connection of movements is important for training. The 2nd Kup-graders practice this poomsae.
Movements - 21
READY STANCE: Facing "A"
1. Pivot to left toward L-1 into a left TIGER STANCE; execute a right middle palm heel block.
2A-2B. Execute a right front kick, bringing kicking foot back to original position into a TIGER STANCE; execute a left outside-in block with the middle forearm.
3. Pivot 180 degrees clockwise toward R-1 into a right TIGER STANCE; execute a left middle palm heel block.
4A-4B. Execute a left front kick, bringing kicking foot back to original position into a TIGER STANCE; execute a right outside-in block with the middle forearm.
5. Move left foot toward -A- into a BACK STANCE; execute a low twin knifehand block.
6. Step forward with the right foot toward -A- into back stance; execute low twin knifehand block.
7. Move left foot toward L-2 into a TIGER STANCE; execute a cover block with left palm--right palm heel strike--Pivot upper body deeply to left and execute right backfist downward.
8. Pivot 180 degrees clockwise toward R-2 into TIGER STANCE; execute a cover block with right palm--left palm heel strike--Pivot upper body deeply to right and execute left backfist downward.
9. Pivot 90 degrees counter-clockwise toward -A-; move both arms UP and AROUND and DOWN then BACK UP in big wide circle, ending at chin level with left hand covering right fist; feet come together (left to right).
DO # 9 IN SLOW MOTION AND CONTROL BREATHING.
10A-10B. Step left foot toward -A- into a FRONT STANCE; execute a scissors block with left in- to-out block and right down block; change hand positions to right in-to out block and left down block.
11A-11B. Step right foot forward into a FRONT STANCE toward -A-; execute a scissors block with right in-to-out block and a left down block; change hand positions to left in-to- out block and right down block.
12. Cross hands in front of chest and pivot on right foot, moving left foot 270 degrees counter-clockwise into a FRONT STANCE toward R-3 with a outer wedge block (palms face out).
13A-13B. Execute a right knee strike while pulling both fists down to knee (break a stick); Jump forward toward R-3 and land on right foot in a right X-STANCE with a twin hammerfist strike to middle level; Step back with left foot into a FRONT STANCE while pulling both fists back to hip then thrust them out into a low X-block (right on top).
14. Pivot on left foot, moving right foot 180 degrees clockwise toward L-3 into a FRONT STANCE and execute a outer wedge block.
15A-15B. Execute a left knee strike while pulling both fists down to knee (break a stick); Jump forward toward L-3 into a left X-STANCE with twin hammerfist strike to middle level; Move right foot back into FRONT STANCE toward L-3 while pulling both fists back to hips then thrust them out into a low X-block (left on top).
16. Move left foot 90 degrees counter-clockwise into a WALKING STANCE TOWARD -B- with a left horizontal backfist strike.
17A-17B. Open left hand and execute a right out-to-in ax kick to left palm; set right foot down into a HORSE STANCE with a right elbow smash. (Body faces R-2; head looks toward -B-).
18. Pivot right foot to -B-, bring left foot up to right in a WALKING STANCE toward -B- with a right horizontal backfist strike.
19A-19B. Execute a left out-to-in ax kick to right open palm; set left foot down into a HORSE STANCE with a left elbow smash. (Body faces L-2; head looks toward -B-).
20. Keep stance the same and execute a left single knifehand block toward -B-.
21. Step right foot around counter-clockwise toward -B- into a HORSE STANCE (body faces R-1), execute a right side punch toward -B- with a loud yell.
MOVE LEFT FOOT BACK TO READY STANCE FACING -A-.