THE DARKEST DAY IN HISTORY
Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.
And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" which means, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" MATTHEW 27: 45-46 KJV
This is the scene from three points of view:
1. FROM GOD'S POINT OF VIEW: ____DARKNESS___
"Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world." JOHN 1:29 (NIV)
"The wages of sin is death." ROMANS 6:23 (NIV)
2. FROM JESUS' POINT OF VIEW: ____SUFFERING___
"My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?" MATTHEW 27:45 (NIV)
Spiritual death is __separation from God__
"For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone who dies," declares the Lord God. "Therefore, repent and live." EZEKIEL 18:32 (NIV)
3. OUR POINT OF VIEW: ___ACCEPTANCE OR REJECTION___
Did Jesus Christ die for you?
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." ROMANS 10: 9-10 (NIV)
Salvation is not universal.
YOU HAVE TO MAKE A DECISION
8. But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (KJV)
31. And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (KJV)
Do not trust what I write here, read your Bible and see it for yourself.
KJV= King James Version NIV= New International Version
Presented as a Public Service by the I. S. A MINISTRY